Survey: Traian Basescu tops Romanians’ preferences at presidential elections

0
President Traian Basescu would obtain the first place (37 percent of voters’ preferences) if elections were held tomorrow, show the results of a survey conducted by the Research Center Avangarde over May 4-10.

According to the sociological research, the second place would be held by leader of the Social democratic Party (PSD), Mircea Geoana, with 23 percent of the votes and the third place would be held by president of the National Liberal Party (PNL) Crin Antonescu with 16 percentage points.
The following places with 8 percent would be businessman Gigi Becali and Prince Radu Duda. They are followed with 4 percentage points by president of Greater Romania Party, Corneliu Vadim Tudor and another candidate – 4 percent.

Of the overall sample, 73 percent of respondents effectively nominated a candidate, the remainder of 27 percent saying they are undecided or that they won’t cast vote.

Of the PD-L (Democratic Liberal Party), voters, 68 percent would prefer incumbent president Traian Basescu, if presidential; elections were held tomorrow, 7 percent would vote for Crin Antonescu, 4 percent – Mircea Geoana, 4 percent – Radu Duda and 3 percent would vote Corneliu Vadim Tudor and 2 percent Gigi Becali. 12 percent did not know the answer or did not answer at all.

Of the voters of the National Liberal Party, 51 percent said they would vote for Crin Antonescu, 16 percent – Traian Basescu, 6 percent Radu Duda, 5 percent Mircea Geoana, 4 percent Gigi Becali and 3 percent Corneliu Vadim Tudor. 15 percent did not know the answer or did not answer the question.

Regarding voters of the Social Democratic Party (P SD), 62 percent would vote for Mircea Geoana, if presidential elections were held tomorrow, 16 percent – Traian Basescu, 5 percent Crin Antonescu, 4 percent Radu Duda, 3 percent Gigi Becali, 1 percent Corneliu Vadim Tudor, whereas 9 percent did not know the answer or did not answer the question.

The voters of the Hungarian Democratic Union of Romania would vote in a ratio of 46 percent for Traian Basescu, whereas Crin Antonescu, Vadim Tudor and Gigi Becali would be voted by 5 percent of the Hungarian Democratic Union of Romania and 3 percent would vote for Radu Duda. 13 percent of the respondents of the UDNR would not support any of the candidates proposed by the survey, whereas 23 percent did not know or did not answer the question.

Out of Elena Basescu’s voters, 46 percent would vote for Traian Basescu, 10 percent for Mircea Geoana and 10 percent for Gigi Becali, whereas fro Crin Antonescu would vote 7 percent and 3 percent for Vadim Tudor.

The survey was conducted nationwide on a sample of 1,100 persons aged over 18 years old. According top Avangarde, the sample is representative for the adult population of Romania with an error margin of +/- 3 percentage points and was conducted in 91 rural and urban localities and in Bucharest. The beneficiary of the survey is www.politico.ro.

Citește și

Spune ce crezi

Adresa de email nu va fi publicata

Acest sit folosește Akismet pentru a reduce spamul. Află cum sunt procesate datele comentariilor tale.