Mircea Basescu launches legal action against journalist Sorin Rosca Stanescu
‘I spoke to the lawyer today and we agreed that he launches a legal action because Sorin Rosca Stanescu has gone too far with all he said about me in the news media these days.
All the falsehoods, all the fabrications and hints that put me in the middle of the most nefarious weapons dealings must be proved as well and my lawyers will offer Mr. Rosca Stanescu the opportunity to produce proofs that all he said at the television and written on his blog is true.
I’m not a vengeful man, but Sorin Rosca Stanescu has gone too far with the slander… In fact, this is exactly what he wanted, to go farther and to damage the name of Basescu through me’, Mircea Basescu said.
He added he was giving the journalist the possibility ‘to prove all his allegations’.
Stanescu said on his blog on Monday that President Traian Basescu’s brother allegedly took part in an international trafficking operation involving huge quantities of explosives.
According to him, five ships from Taiwan carrying explosive materials and ammunition allegedly laid anchor in the Romanian Black Sea port of Constanta at the end of last year or early this year and Mircea Basescu allegedly took care of secretly unloading the explosives from those ships.