EUR
4,83 RON
(-0.01%)
USD
4,07 RON
(+1.41%)
GBP
5,35 RON
(+0.31%)
CHF
4,49 RON
(+0.15%)
BGN
2,46 RON
(+0.69%)
BYN
1,67 RON
(+1.01%)
CAD
3,07 RON
(+0.18%)
RSD
0,04 RON
(-0.06%)
AUD
2,94 RON
(-0.05%)
JPY
0,04 RON
(+0.8%)
CZK
0,19 RON
(-0.42%)
INR
0,05 RON
(+1%)

Eight-month tourist arrivals in hospitality facilities exceed 5.4 million

Arrivals in Romania‘s tourist accommodation facilities over January – August 2013 totaled 5.444 million, by 3.2% higher compared to the same period of 2012, the National Statistics Institute announced.

In the said eight-month interval, arrivals of Romanian tourists in hospitality facilities accounted for 79% of the total arrivals, while foreign tourists accounted for the rest of 21% of the total; both figures are close to those registered between January 1 – August 31, 2012.

Most foreign visitors came from European countries (81.2% of the total) and of these, 85.5% were from EU countries.

Hotel check-ins over the first eight months of the year accounted for 74.2% of total arrivals in tourist accommodation facilities. Compared to the period January 1 – August 31, 2012 , this figure is by 1.8% higher.

The net occupancy rate of accommodation places between Jan. 1 – Aug. 31, 2013 was 25.7% overall, 1.2% less than in the similar period of the year before. For hotels, the net occupancy rate was 31.6%.

There were 5.628 ml incoming foreign visitors registered at border checkpoints over Jan. 1 – Aug. 31, 2013, up 1.8% against the similar period of the year before. Most foreign visitors came from European countries (94.1%), with the EU accounting for 57.7% of the total arrivals to Romania.The EU countries providing most visitors were Hungary (30.0 percent), Bulgaria (23.3 percent), Germany (9.4 percent), Italy (7.0 percent), Poland (7.0 percent) and Austria (4.3 percent).

Citește și

Spune ce crezi

Adresa de email nu va fi publicata